Friday, July 3, 2009

Keylogger (Keystroke Logger), what they write on your PC?

I do not know if they had said, but anyway I will comment that some time ago, my beginnings as a webmaster in the world (creating web pages) with pages was hacking, so my knowledge in this world were wide for this then.

Of course now all changed, now there are new techniques of hacking, computer security has improved dramatically. But philosophy does not as such. And that's why I take this opportunity to talk about what they are keyloggers.

What are keyloggers? What are its functions?

Keyloggers (translation: registrar keys) are computer programs that are responsible for recording the keystrokes made on a keyboard to save them in a text file, and then be reviewed by the user who installed the spy program.

I call it spyware because that is precisely what it does violate the privacy of the user who is a victim of the same. It is generally used to discover confidential information such as bank numbers or credit cards or passwords.

There are two types of keyloggers, can be used both for hardware and software. The most common is the software, because it is the most accessible. Instead hardware must be purchased by the device or adapter, is a little more expensive and difficult to find.

How do I know if I'ma victim of a keylogger? How do I protect myself?

Well, because we know what a keylogger, come to a point that is also important. But you must first ask the following questions: "Do you notice your system slow? Every time you press several keys then becomes slow my PC?

Something we can do to check if we are infected with a keylogger is twenty times then pressing a key, if the system becomes heavy (or even frozen) then we might think we are infected, what is the solution?

You can use any antispyware, antivirus or antimalware in general. Using these programs can detect this keylogger is on your computer, when I detect investigate the Internet, to know how it works, where you save the records, and delete all information recorded.

What are the most common uses of keyloggers?

You really would like to know? I sometimes even frightens me the objectives which are used keyloggers, even when it should be a diagnostic software, use it for matters related to couples, fraud, electronic spying privacy, among others.

The truth is that most of you have used a keylogger to find passwords of MSN Messenger, find credit card numbers, passwords and any type of order, I think it has forked the use of diagnostic software to be more malicious.

Conclusions and recommendations

And to finish this small delivery give them the recommendation that I hope no one ignore: always, always, always keep your firewall (firewall) enabled. These programs prevent any external connection is connected to the operating system. Very useful.

On the other hand the same way I recommend that they keep their antimalware programs (antivirus, antispyware, anticosasraras) updates, as well as to monitor with great consistency to the processes that have not seen suspicious processes and rare.

This way we completed our delivery today. I hope it has something and if anyone has opinions, suggestions or comments are much appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment